- Download Apple TV software update version 4.4.2 (9A336a) and save the IPSW in an easy to find location.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open Seas0nPass then Option + click (Mac) or Shift + click (PC) the Create IPSW button and select the new IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
- Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.
- After the restore is complete, move the AppleTV to your TV and follow the steps for performing a Tethered Boot.
FireCore has also provided a list of compatible plugins with Apple TV software update 4.4.2 (iOS 5):
- Media Player (works)
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Weather (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- Overflow (works)
- Remote HD (works)
- XBMC (nightly builds only)
- Plex (not working)
- Rowmote (not working)