iOS 4.2.1 / 4.2.6, Fixes iBooks
An Updated & Better version of Snowbreeze has been released by iPhone developer iH8sn0w bringing the version number up to 2.2.1. The JailBreak Procedure is fairly simple & effective. There are quite few improvement in the new version with Drag & Drop of IPSW file an fix for ibook & jailbreaking verizon iPhone4. The Snowbreeze 2.2.1 jailbreak is quite simple & smooth. All you have to do is download the Custom 4.2.1 IPSW file, along with Forecast & iREB C3 from the authentic site http://ih8sn0w.com/. If you feel its a bit technical & you don’t want to take risk of any sort then i would recommend to take help of a Professional IT manager.
Follow the following steps
1. Download forecast from ih8snow site & connect your iPhone to the PC, Forecast soft module will let you know if your phone is jail-breakable along with other details such as IOS version, Model etc & weather you can jailbreak, Unlock an tethered your device. Must download latest iTunes from the Apple site in order to let forecast work Properly http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Forecast might not work on PC’s with iTunes not installed giving error for enable debugging jit time etc. if you are good to go, it will let you know
2. Download & Install iTunes 10.1 for MAC & Windows an after Running iTunes take Backup of your iPhone, Ignore Update to any firmware if promoted
3. Download Your IPSW for your Device Directly from Apple
4. Download Snowbreeze 2.2.1
5. Start Snowbreeze
6. Now Choose Expert Mode in Snowbreeze
7. Select The IPSW file that was downloaded earlier & Proceed to accept the notices & second step select Activate the phone if you want to KEEP YOUR UNLOCK INTACT & Hactivate your Phone .
8. Select IPSW & Let snowbreeze to burn your personalized & customized IPSW firmware. Snowbreeze will let you safely go through DFU mode with onscreen guide
9. Now you have to Restore this customized IPSW file on to your iPhone
10. Start iTunes & Press Shift & Click Restore on the iTunes main window
11. Window Prompt for choosing the customized IPSW will come Pop Up, choose the IPSW & let iTunes update your firmware.
12. iPhone will now Restart to take Effect
13. Restore to your Original backup from your step 2, letting your original backup settings safely installed
Note: In case while Restoring IPSW you get Error’s 1604, 1601 1600 16xx Then download iREB Download and follow
Start iTunes 10.1.2 and put process your iOS device into DFU mode.
- Connect your iOS device with your Computer.
- Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds.
- You device should now be in DFU mode
- close iTunes and Start iREB RC3 on Windows.
- Select your device
- Wait for a second until you get white or a red screen on your iOS device. Now start iTunes again and select your iOS device from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold left “alt” button (“Shift” button on Windows) on the keyboard and then click on Restore, in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button. Select the required custom .ipsw file and restore it.
This will Successfully Restore your iPhone or IOS device to 4.2.1 with your original Baseband intact.