Jailbreak Tweak by a 16 Year old Hacker Allow Local Search for SiRi
Good news for international users. iPhone 4S users outside US no longer need to wait for Apple to add local search support for Siri – iPhone 4s’ personal assistant feature. a 16 years old Zaid Elkurdi – hacker & developer has released a new jailbreak tweak called International Locations for Siri that allows international users to also search for information based on information. Users outside US will now be able to get answers to question such as “Where’s the closest restaurant?”, “Find nearby Banks “, etc. using Siri. This jailbreak tweak currently supports English only. Supported for other languages to be soon updated.
The jailbreak tweak will install AssistantExtensions which is required for this tweak.
International Locations for Siri for now is available on Cydia for $0.99 only.
- Added language support for Swedish, Dutch, German, French, Indonesian, and Italian(Arabic, Hebrew, and Portuguese coming very soon)
- Fixed bug with “nearest”
- Fixed bug that didn’t allow directions in some languages(“current location”)
- Fixed bug where “me” would get picked up in query
- Expanded context for queries:
- Phrases like, “I’m hungry”, “I need food”, and, “I want some pizza”
- Can now use, “Navigate to” and “Direct me to”
- Can now use phrases like, “Where’s starbucks”, or, “give me directions to the closest store”,”How do I get to the nearest hospital”
- Added context words, “cashpoint”, “bp gas station”, etc.
- ”Where am I” now less buggy
- Added ability to ask for businesses in other cities, eg. “Find restaurants in Paris.”
Zaid also plans to add the following features in the future:
- Choice between units for distance
- 3rd Party Navigation Integration