Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.1
Absinthe 2.1 Jailbreak ios 5.1.1
Finally pod2g and Chronic Dev team has just released Absinthe 2.0 – iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
In this guide, we will take you through the step by step procedure to jailbreak your iPhone running iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe for both Mac and Windows users.
- This guide is meant for iPhone users.
- Absinthe 2.0 performs an untethered jailbreak
- Absinthe 2.0 supports iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS
- Please do not forget to backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before you proceed.
- Please ensure you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version.
- Absinthe 2.0 is compatible with only iOS 5.1.1, so if you’re on iOS 5.1 or lower (Settings -> General -> About – Version), then you should update your iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 either using iTunes or using the OTA software update before proceeding further.
- Warning: If you depend on Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone, then do not update to iOS 5.1.1. You should wait for iPhone Dev team to release Redsn0w that adds support for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, which will allow you to create a custom iOS firmware file, which will allow you to update to iOS 5.1.1 while preserving the baseband
- Please note that jailbreaking your iPhone may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk
- Please do not jailbreak your iPhone to pirate apps from the App Store
Updated : Step 1: You can download Absinthe 2.0.1 from this link for Mac, this link for Windows and this link for Linux and save the application in a folder named “Absinthe” on your desktop.
Step 2: Double click the Absinthe zip file and extract the application to the Absinthe folder (Windows users). Navigate back to the Absinthe folder and launch the Absinthe application.
Windows users: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right Click on the Absinthe exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Step 3: After launching Absinthe, you will be prompted to connect your iPhone.
Step 4: Please disable the passcode as the jailbreak may fail, if the passcode is enabled (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off).
Step 5: After the passcode is disabled, connect your iPhone to the computer. Absinthe should detect your iPhone and also mention the iOS firmware that is running on it. Click on the Jailbreakbutton.
After clicking on the Jailbreak button the tool will give a progress update on the various stages of the jailbreak process such as:
“Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while …”
“Sending initial jailbreak data. This may also take a while…”
“Sending initial jailbreak data.Your device will appear to be restoring a backup, this may take a while…”
“Waiting for reboot … not done yet, don’t unplug your device yet!”
“Waiting for process to complete… ”
Step 6: In the end you’ll be prompted with the message informing you that it is “Done, Enjoy!” You can now close the Absinthe 2.0 application. The process may take 5 to 10 minutes.
That’s it, your iPhone should be successfully jailbroken and you should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen (it may not be on the first page so search for it to locate it).