Apple introduces iOS 5, the latest version of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, with over 200 new features that will be available as a free software update to iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users this fall.
Top Ten iOS 5 features
1. Notification Center, an innovative way to easily view and manage notifications in one place without interruption
2. iMessage, new messaging service that lets you send text messages, photos, and videos between all iOS 5 devices
3 Newsstand, new way to purchase and organize your newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
4. having iOS 5, users of iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users can activate and set up new iOS devices right out of the box and get software updates over the air — no computer required.
5. Reminder, A better way to remember things , well designed reminder let you add notes an reminders that can sync with iCloud, Outlook, & iCalender
6. Twitter Integration; Good news is that you can tweet directly from Safari, Photos, Camera, YouTube, or Maps. Want to mention or @reply to a friend? Contacts applies your friends’ Twitter usernames and profile pictures
7. Safari, iOS 5 brings even more web-browsing features to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Safari Reader displays web articles sans ads or clutter so you can read without distractions. Reading List lets you save interesting articles to peruse later
8. Mail : Your inbox is about to receive some great new features. Format text using bold, italic, or underlined fonts. Create indents in the text of your message. Drag to rearrange names in address fields. Flag important messages. Even add and delete mailbox folders on the fly. If you’re looking for a specific email, you can now search in the body of messages
9. Get more perspective on your schedule with year view on iPad and week view on iPhone and iPod touch. Tap to create an event and drag to adjust the time and duration. Add, rename, and delete calendars directly from your device. And view event attachments without leaving the Calendar app
10. Wirelessly sync your iOS device to your Mac or PC over a shared Wi-Fi connection. Every time you connect your iOS device to a power source (say, overnight for charging), it automatically syncs and backs up any new content to iTunes. So you always have your movies, TV shows, home videos, and photo albums everywhere you want them.
For IT news, Tip & Tricks follow us on Twitter @techsavvydiary